Prof. Mel Herbert and Prof. Stuart Swadron discuss Zika Virus. Where did it come from? What disease does it cause? What is microcephaly? And is it really an STD, as well? All this and more on our special report.
- Zika Virus. (2016, February 2). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/zika/
- Swadron M.D., S. (2016, February) Personal Interview.
- [CBS This Morning]. (2016, February 1). Brazil struggles to contain surging Zika virus outbreak. [Video File]. Retrieved from http://www.cbsnews.com/news/zika-virus-outbreak-brazil-epicenter-world-health-organization-geneva-public-health-emergency/
- Traveler's Health: Zika Travel Information. (2016, February 4). Retrieved from http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/zika-travel-information
- LaMotte, S. (2016, February 4). Zika has been sexually transmitted in Texas, CDC confirms. Retrieved from http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/02/health/zika-virus-sexual-contact-texas/
- Beck, J. (2016, February 3). The Past, Present, and Future of Zika. Retrieved from http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/02/the-past-present-and-future-of-zika/459585/
- Zika Virus. (2016, February 2). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zika_virus
- Birth Defects: Facts about Microcephaly. (2016, February 4). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/microcephaly.html
- Zika Virus: Areas with Zika. (2016, February 4). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/index.html